Aide for Grades 7 & 8
Tuesday Note, November 5, 2019
- Wednesday After School Study Hall Mrs. Shearer
- End of 1st Quarter – November 1, 2019, all missing work due by November 6, 2019.
- Community Outreach Clark County PUD Stream Team – November 7, 2019, from 10:15-2:30. Students will need to bring a sack lunch and dress in work style clothing. We are outside for this activity – so dress according to the weather forecast.
- 8th Grade Yearbook Ad – due by Friday, November 8, 2019
- “Let’s Eat Out” Old Spaghetti Factory – Wednesday, November 13, 2019 – must have flyer for MGAES to receive proceeds.
- Anchor Café – Friday, November 15, 2019
- Variety Show – Sunday, November 17, 2019, doors open at 4:30.
- Research Paper Notecards – 25 notecards due November 22, 2019
Math study sessions will be held from 3:25-4:00pm. The dates will vary according to the teacher’s schedule, but the designated dates for the current month will be included in the class Tuesday note. Please pick your child up from my classroom. You may knock on the outside doors (closest to gym) and someone will open the door for you. Students not picked up will go to Kid Zone. The math study session is not a study hall to make up missing assignments. It is a time that we go over the concepts we are learning in class to help strengthen the student’s understanding.
Homework: Students can correct mistakes on homework and receive full credit back if done before the chapter test. Corrections completed after the chapter test will be worth only ½ credit. Corrections must be done on a separate paper labeled “Corrections” with lesson number, page number, and their name on it. Problems must be labeled with correct number, all steps should be shown, and all answers circled. The corrections page must be stapled to the front of the original paper and handed in.
Math Tests: Students can correct problems missed on their math test for ½ credit. In order to receive this credit, they must get a “Math test correction” form from me. On this form, they must label the problem they are fixing, show all the correct steps, and provide an explanation of what they did wrong. This form must then be stapled to the math test and turned in to me.
- MATH Information:
A log in has been created for them to access tutorials and other resources to help them with their work. For math help:
Log in to www.bigideasmath.com
Your child’s username will be their first name. Their password will be the initial of first and last name capitalized with the numbers 1234 behind the initials.
User name: Savannah
Once you log in, it will prompt you to make your own password. Make sure your child remembers what they put in. They can then sign in and click on their math book which should appear on the home page. From there, they can access materials from their book. They can click the chapter they are on at school and then the lesson number. This will pull up a page in which it will give tutorials over the example problems we go over in class and they can watch them again to help them remember. There are also additional resources available at the bottom of the home page if your child needs more practice with review skills.