Being on a varsity team takes a lot of time, energy, and commitment by players, parents, and coaches. The following has been set-up to ensure that all parties know what is expected of
those involved in the varsity program.
- All players chosen to be on the varsity team will have a choice whether to be on the team or not.
- Players will be required to be at all practices and games that are on the schedule. If an emergency arises the player will need to get in contact with the coach and let him/her know they will not be able to make it.
- Players must maintain a minimum criteria to participate; no D’s, F’s, or incompletes after any grading period or progress report, with a one week period to make the grade up, and keep it up. One time only per season of sport. If the player cannot meet the eligibility requirements they will be dropped from that season of sport.
- Players must maintain a minimum grade of a B in Physical Education. Athletes on our sport’s teams need to be an example to other students of how to be an active
participant and a role model of Christ-like behavior in the Physical Education class.
- Players/parents need to understand that coaches will do the best they can to get all varsity players into the game. How much time each player receives must come down to the coaches decision.
- Players must show respect to all coaches and parent drivers. If a player cannot show respect they will meet with the athletic director and discuss eligibility.
- Players are expected to govern their conduct in accordance with the rules and regulations of the student handbook.
- Players will be expected to pay the Varsity fees at the beginning of the season. Damage to a uniform will be an extra charge.
- Transportation is the sole responsibility of each parent for their child to get to each game and back home. The school does not organize this for you.
- Players that need to sit out of P.E. for a day, due to injury or sickness, will not be playing in a game on that same day. As a team we need you to recover and be
ready for the next game.
- Players that miss practices excused or unexcused could miss out on some playing time, due to the coaches discretion. Missing a practice means you have missed out
on important skills and strategies for a game.
- Varsity players that miss a day of school (unexcused), will not be allowed to attend a game or practice on that same day.
As a parent, I have read, understand, and agree to the guidelines in the Parent/Fan
Student Signature___________________________________________ Date__________________
Parent Signature____________________________________________ Date__________________